If you happen to search for any one Indiana law that you never knew existed in the state, you will be rewarded with quite a few very old and totally hilarious – not to mention completely hilarious – antique Indiana laws. Here are some that will bring a smile on your face and have you demand for a thorough Indiana law status check and update according to the present age:
Laws Pertaining To The Use Of Your Cycle
You cannot ride your cycle in Indiana for more than 12 miles/ hour; neither it is legal to the street faster than 8 km/ hour.
- As per Indiana state law it is illegal to visit the cemetery accompanied by your dog. It is also illegal to carry firearms, firecrackers or any type of gun in the cemetery as it is illegal to discharge firecrackers in this hallowed place.
- Children cannot enter the cemetery if they do not have their parents with them.
- You cannot drive any vehicle in the cemetery than can walk faster than a walk.
- It is against the law to use obscene language.
Other Outdated And Super Funny Indiana Law Codes
- It is against the law to swim naked in any of the rivers or lakes that are within the city limits.
- It is against the law to let chicken run at large. Other animals prohibited to run at large are boars, hog and sow.
- It is illegal for have a banana peel thrown on the footpath/ side walk.
These laws would be better off as part of Indiana law encyclopedia rather than active law. It is time someone amended these laws soon.